AXFR with native replication

Threaded

AXFR with native replication

Patrick Westenberg
Hi everyone,

I'm running an infrastructure using 3 pdns systems each with a local postgres database replicating from a master database.
However, I want to enable axfr for some domains.

Is this possible and how?

Regards
Patrick
Threaded

Re: AXFR with native replication

Aki Tuomi
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:43:26PM -0000, Patrick Westenberg wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm running an infrastructure using 3 pdns systems each with a local postgres database replicating from a master database.
> However, I want to enable axfr for some domains.
>
> Is this possible and how?
>
> Regards
> Patrick

I make some assumptions as your question is slightly vague. I assume you want
to provide AXFR to some other server(s) and also want to notify them.

You can enable AXFR support with
disable-axfr=no

If you want notifications
master=yes

and update your domains(s) that you want to have notifications to 'MASTER'.

If they are not listed as NS servers, use ALSO-NOTIFY metadata per domain
to define those servers to be notified.

Aki

Aki Tuomi schrieb:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:43:26PM -0000, Patrick Westenberg wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm running an infrastructure using 3 pdns systems each with a local postgres database replicating from a master database.
>> However, I want to enable axfr for some domains.
>>
>> Is this possible and how?
>>
>> Regards
>> Patrick
>
> I make some assumptions as your question is slightly vague. I assume you want
> to provide AXFR to some other server(s) and also want to notify them.

My description was bad, sorry. But I got it wrong too.

My servers shall receive AXFR and be notified (slave mode) but still
need to work in native replication mode with their local database.

Regards
Patrick