Best way to move zones from 3.0.1 to 3.4.7 - MySQL back end

Best way to move zones from 3.0.1 to 3.4.7 - MySQL back end

Drew Linsalata-2
We've got an old 3.0.1 server thats about ready to retire.  Rather than upgrading that install, we'll just stand up a new 3.4.7 server and move our zone data to the new server.

A simple MySQL dump/import seems like it would get the job done but will the changes in database schema cause a problem for us?  None of our zones are signed so none of the DNSSEC related stuff matters in this case.

Re: Best way to move zones from 3.0.1 to 3.4.7 - MySQL back end

Martin
I don't know how comfortable you are with SQL queries, but in your case
I would simply install the new MySQL schema and manually execute a bunch
of MySQL queries to transfer things from A to B.

Martin