Example Access Database

Threaded

Example Access Database

Richard Mason-2
Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is just me, although I've tried it on several different
machines now, but the sample Access database that comes with the
distribution is apparently corrupt according to Access 2000.  Does someone
have a working copy they can send me?

Regards,

Richard Mason

Ultimate Conn-X-tion
Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1206 522799
Web : www.ulticonn.co.uk

Threaded

Re: Example Access Database

Patricio Valdes
Richard,

I have a valid copy, Ill send you one as soon as I get into the office later
today.

Patricio Valdes
Parava Networks

> Not sure if this is just me, although I've tried it on several different
> machines now, but the sample Access database that comes with the
> distribution is apparently corrupt according to Access 2000.  Does someone
> have a working copy they can send me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Mason
>
> Ultimate Conn-X-tion
> Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1206 522799
> Web : www.ulticonn.co.uk

Threaded

Re: Example Access Database

bert hubert

Can you check the file on http://ds9a.nl/pdns/powerdns.mdb ?

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO

RE: Example Access Database

Richard Mason-2
Hi Bert,

Can you check the file on http://ds9a.nl/pdns/powerdns.mdb ?

>> Ah ha!  That one works just fine.  Incidentally it hasn't really answered
my original need to see the example database.  I have already got PowerDNS
working under Windows 2000 with SQL Server 2000.  My original thoughts were
based around the 'domain_id' field.  I am now assuming that the management
of the domain id is entirely down to me - i.e. creating a one-to-many
relationship between a customer (for example) and various domain name's they
may have, with the domain id being incremented manually for each new domain.

>> Anyway, thanks for the help... time to get coding a UI!

Regards,

Richard Mason

Ultimate Conn-X-tion
Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1206 522799
Web : www.ulticonn.co.uk

Threaded

Re: Example Access Database

bert hubert
On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 03:37:20PM -0000, Richard Mason wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
> Can you check the file on http://ds9a.nl/pdns/powerdns.mdb ?
>
> >> Ah ha!  That one works just fine.  Incidentally it hasn't really answered
> my original need to see the example database.  I have already got PowerDNS
> working under Windows 2000 with SQL Server 2000.  My original thoughts were
> based around the 'domain_id' field.  I am now assuming that the management
> of the domain id is entirely down to me - i.e. creating a one-to-many
> relationship between a customer (for example) and various domain name's they
> may have, with the domain id being incremented manually for each new domain.

I'd suggest trying out the generic ODBC backend - it works just like
described here http://doc.powerdns.com/generic-mypgsql-backends.html and
allows the 'domains' table to allocate the domain_id.

Regards,

bert