Experimental webservices

Aladme
Hi all!!

I have a farm with 8 PDNS server, 4 Authotitatives (version 3.4.6) and 4 Recursors (version 3.7.3)
I'm dealing with the "experimental-webserver" and I got some issues which maybe we can discuss.

On Authoritatives Servers works perfectly. But I have only one doubt. If I have recursion disabled for Auth servers, why the statistics on the web show me some "recursing-answers"?

On Recursor Servers didn't work, the web show me a message exactly like "Not Found",  seems like something is missing.

Thank a lot, you are a growing community, I recommend to all to follow they on twitter!! https://twitter.com/powerdns

Ale.

Re: Experimental webservices

Pieter Lexis-2
Hi Alejandro,

On 11/06/2015 02:53 PM, Alejandro Adroher Mellado wrote:
> On Recursor Servers didn't work, the web show me a message exactly like "Not Found",  seems like something is missing.

This is correct, the recursor does not server webpages (in contrast to
the authoritative server). You can use the API to get information or
control the process using recuweb[1] and pdnscontrol[2].

Best regards,

Pieter

1 - https://github.com/ahupowerdns/recuweb
2 - https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdnscontrol
--
Pieter Lexis
PowerDNS.COM BV - https://www.powerdns.com

Re: Experimental webservices

Aladme
Hi all,

I would like to focus again on one of my last questions.

On my authoritative PDNS Servers I have the recursion disabled, but in the statistics web page it's showed some recursing answers an questions. Like ...

recursing-answers 114 Number of recursive answers sent out
recursing-questions 114 Number of questions sent to recursor
recursion-unanswered 0 Number of packets unanswered by configured recursor

I have enabled "log-dns-details=yes" and "log-dns-queries=yes", but I cannot find any of these queries on log files.

I would like to know why is happening that. The chances are that I'm wrong but maybe not.

Thanks a lot for any help.