GEOIP Balancing

Stan Weatherby
Currently have PDNS installed in a master/slave conf. Been trying to find decent docs on installing and configuring GeoIP Balancing. Anyone know where I may be able to find it?

All I found was this: https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-geoip/

Best,
Stan

Re: GEOIP Balancing

Kai Bojens
On Thursday 11 June 2015 20:40:26 Stan Weatherby wrote:

> Currently have PDNS installed in a master/slave conf. Been trying to find
> decent docs on installing and configuring GeoIP Balancing. Anyone know
> where I may be able to find it?

I worked with these documents and got everyting finally up and running:

http://www.debiantutorials.com/install-configure-powerdns-geo-backend-cdngeographic-dns-blancing/

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PowerDNS/pdns/master/modules/geobackend/README

If you have any furhter questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Getting this to work
is rather complicated IMHO.

Re: GEOIP Balancing

Aki Tuomi
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 08:40:26PM -0400, Stan Weatherby wrote:
> Currently have PDNS installed in a master/slave conf. Been trying to find decent docs on installing and configuring GeoIP Balancing. Anyone know where I may be able to find it?
>
> All I found was this: https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-geoip/
>
> Best,
> Stan

Hi!

There are *two* different (probably soon three) backends providing ip-based geo balancing.

To use GeoIP backend, you need libyaml0.5-dev and libgeoip-dev. I cannot remember if it's
distributed along with PowerDNS binary packages.

For Geo backend follow the instructions sent by Kai Bojens.

As author of GeoIP backend, I am interested to hear what problems you are facing with the manual page.

Aki

Re: GEOIP Balancing

Stan Weatherby
Thank you I will give it a shot…

Stan Weatherby
[hidden email]
This message is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and is considered confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you believe you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete from your system. Thank you.