Long DKIM entries.

Thorvald Hallvardsson
Hi guys,

Can someone let me know correct way of configure entries in PowerDNS database to get them work for the domain keys which are quite long and exceeds 255 characters ?

In theory I should just be able to do something like:

seaparator._domainkey.domainame.com IN TXT "v=dkim1; k=rsa; p=long string1"
seaparator._domainkey.domainame.com IN TXT "string2"
seaparator._domainkey.domainame.com IN TXT "string3"

However this does not work. How to tell powerdns that this record is a "single" entry so it should concatenate it in the query ?

When I query that record it quite often comes back in different order as well.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,
TH

Re: Long DKIM entries.

Thomas Hager
On Mon, 2016-05-16 at 14:29 +0100, Thorvald Hallvardsson wrote:
> Hi guys,
Hi Thorvald,

> Can someone let me know correct way of configure entries in PowerDNS
> database to get them work for the domain keys which are quite long
> and exceeds 255 characters ?
Just store it in the database as a single entry, no need for splitting.
The DKIM entry for my domain is >400 characters, and it is stored in a
single database entry.

PowerDNS splits the record automatically as needed when transmitting it
to a client.

Hth,
Tom.

--
Thomas "Duke" Hager                               [hidden email]
GPG: 2048R/791C5EB1            http://www.sigsegv.at/gpg/duke.gpg

Re: Long DKIM entries.

Thorvald Hallvardsson
Hi,

At the moment the content field in my database is varchar(255) so I will have to change that first and test it.

Thank you for your response and help!

Regards,
TH

On 16 May 2016 at 14:55, Thomas Hager <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 2016-05-16 at 14:29 +0100, Thorvald Hallvardsson wrote:
> Hi guys,
Hi Thorvald,

> Can someone let me know correct way of configure entries in PowerDNS
> database to get them work for the domain keys which are quite long
> and exceeds 255 characters ?
Just store it in the database as a single entry, no need for splitting.
The DKIM entry for my domain is >400 characters, and it is stored in a
single database entry.

PowerDNS splits the record automatically as needed when transmitting it
to a client.

Hth,
Tom.

--
Thomas "Duke" Hager                               [hidden email]
GPG: 2048R/791C5EB1            http://www.sigsegv.at/gpg/duke.gpg

Re: Long DKIM entries.

Thomas Hager
Hi,

IIRC, mine is 64k.

Cheers,
Tom.

On 16 May 2016 16:23:27 CEST, Thorvald Hallvardsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

At the moment the content field in my database is varchar(255) so I will have to change that first and test it.

Thank you for your response and help!

Regards,
TH

On 16 May 2016 at 14:55, Thomas Hager <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 2016-05-16 at 14:29 +0100, Thorvald Hallvardsson wrote:
> Hi guys,
Hi Thorvald,