Multiple backends configuration

Mikhail Nasonov
Hello,

I use multiple backends configuration:

launch=bind:first,pipe:second
bind-first-config=/etc/powerdns/bindbackend.conf
pipe-second-command=/root/pdns/pdns

If I have same domain name zone in bind and pipe backends and requested record name not exists in bind backend, powerdns return answer from pipe.

I want that powerdns stop search answers in another backends if it found domain name zone in first one.
How can I setup this?

Thanks.

--
Mikhail Nasonov

Re: Multiple backends configuration

Mikhail Nasonov
Nobody knows? :(

> Hello,
>
> I use multiple backends configuration:
>
> launch=bind:first,pipe:second
> bind-first-config=/etc/powerdns/bindbackend.conf
> pipe-second-command=/root/pdns/pdns
>
> If I have same domain name zone in bind and pipe backends and requested record name not
> exists in bind backend, powerdns return answer from pipe.
>
> I want that powerdns stop search answers in another backends if it found domain name zone
> in first one.
> How can I setup this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Mikhail Nasonov

Re: Multiple backends configuration

Dan Campbell
What you described is the expected behavior.

I'm curious why you have it configured with the same zone in both backends if you don't want both backends to answer for the same zone.

--
Dan Campbell