Partially authoritative server

Nick Douma
Hi,

Let me explain the subject of this email: I'm running a PowerDNS auth
server in front of an PowerDNS recursor. The auth server is setup using
the recursor=127.0.0.1:5353 option. The recursor is running on port
5353. This works fine.

The problem with this setup, is that once a zone is in the auth server,
no recursor requests for that zone is forwarded to the recursor.

I would like to create an 'overlay' zone in the auth server. That way, I
can provide local network addresses for some records. I would like the
auth server to forward all non existing record requests to the recursor.

How can I achieve this?

Kind regards,

Nick Douma