PowerDNS geographical weighted round robin plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PowerDNS geographical weighted round robin plugin

Robert Vežnaver
Hi,

A while back I have created a small PowerDNS plugin in Python which
returns answers based on the geographical zone of the request and load
balances them in a weighted round robin fashion.

Since a couple of days ago, this code has been open sourced at:
https://github.com/criteo/pgwrr

Feel free to try it out if you think it could match your use case.

Cheers,
Robert
_______________________________________________
Pdns-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.powerdns.com/listinfo/pdns-users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PowerDNS geographical weighted round robin plugin

Aki Tuomi
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:41:20PM +0100, Robert Vežnaver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A while back I have created a small PowerDNS plugin in Python which
> returns answers based on the geographical zone of the request and load
> balances them in a weighted round robin fashion.
>
> Since a couple of days ago, this code has been open sourced at:
> https://github.com/criteo/pgwrr
>
> Feel free to try it out if you think it could match your use case.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert

Hi!

Nice work! It might interest you that there will be a revamped geoip module
on 4.0.0 which can do this as well.

Aki
_______________________________________________
Pdns-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.powerdns.com/listinfo/pdns-users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PowerDNS geographical weighted round robin plugin

Aki Tuomi
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 08:55:28PM +0200, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:41:20PM +0100, Robert Vežnaver wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A while back I have created a small PowerDNS plugin in Python which
> > returns answers based on the geographical zone of the request and load
> > balances them in a weighted round robin fashion.
> >
> > Since a couple of days ago, this code has been open sourced at:
> > https://github.com/criteo/pgwrr
> >
> > Feel free to try it out if you think it could match your use case.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Robert
>
> Hi!
>
> Nice work! It might interest you that there will be a revamped geoip module
> on 4.0.0 which can do this as well.
>
> Aki

Except for the weighted round robin.

Aki
_______________________________________________
Pdns-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.powerdns.com/listinfo/pdns-users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PowerDNS geographical weighted round robin plugin

Robert Vežnaver
Thanks!

Yeah... the weighted round robin part is why I had to write it in the
first place :(


On 27 January 2016 at 19:59, Aki Tuomi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 08:55:28PM +0200, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 02:41:20PM +0100, Robert Vežnaver wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > A while back I have created a small PowerDNS plugin in Python which
>> > returns answers based on the geographical zone of the request and load
>> > balances them in a weighted round robin fashion.
>> >
>> > Since a couple of days ago, this code has been open sourced at:
>> > https://github.com/criteo/pgwrr
>> >
>> > Feel free to try it out if you think it could match your use case.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Robert
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Nice work! It might interest you that there will be a revamped geoip module
>> on 4.0.0 which can do this as well.
>>
>> Aki
>
> Except for the weighted round robin.
>
> Aki
_______________________________________________
Pdns-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.powerdns.com/listinfo/pdns-users@...