Powerdns 904 Port unreachable Denic

ixlrobert
Hello,

I have 3 servers with powerdns.
when i will register a .de domain, denic told that the port of ns1 and ns2 is unreachable.
I havent install a firewall, sow thats not the problemen. And if i type  netstat -nan | grep 53
I see:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53              0.0.0.0:*

So thats oke to.
What can be the problem?

thank you very much!

Re: Powerdns 904 Port unreachable Denic

ronald
Hi Robert,

We are facing the same trouble, is there a solution ?

Thanks.

Ronald

Re: Powerdns 904 Port unreachable Denic

Rent-An.Expert
I know this is a very old post, but I just ran into this problem and solved it.

So, for anyone who still needs an answer:

Check your pdns.conf and have a look at:

do-ipv6-additional-processing=yes
local-address=*your ipv4*
local-ipv6=*your ipv6*

The 904 error occured, when I was trying to update a .de Domain. I used nast.denic.de to check whats going on, but firstly cant find an error.

After playing around I saw, that I forgot to bind the IP addresses for my powerdns server. After that, I got an error 106 from denic, which told me that there is something wrong with the determined glue records. After activating ipv6 additional processing, the 106 error also was gone and anything is working fine now.

Hope that helps.
Merry X-Mas
Oliver Welter

https://rent-an.expert