Problem reaching PowerDNS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Problem reaching PowerDNS

Peter.McGurk
I've been trying to contact the company but mail is bouncing (with a
message saying that mail is looping at the MX) and I can't find a phone
number.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Peter McGurk
SITA IS Infrastructure
SITA SC
CP31 - 26 ch. de Joinville
CH-1216 COINTRIN
Switzerland

Phone: +41 22 747 6286
CVS: 7 228 6286
E: [hidden email]

Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem reaching PowerDNS

bert hubert
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:16:49PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> I've been trying to contact the company but mail is bouncing (with a
> message saying that mail is looping at the MX) and I can't find a phone
> number.  Can anyone help?

Sure, we're right here - due to a configuration error 'sales' and 'support'
email was bouncing, fixing that right now. In the meantime, try mailing
[hidden email] (me).

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting
Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Recursor backend..

A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch
Recursor seems to randomly die... (I shortly hinted this, last time i wrote
:) )

I have 2 dns servers, both running their own pdns_recusor..
I have no idea why this happens..  First it died on the secondary about 5-7
days ago, today it died on the primary..

There doesnt appear to be anything usefull in the logs:
------------------------------------------------------
Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660475] question for
'theblackcrowes.com|MX' from 127.0.0.1
Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660476] question for
'helmig.net|MX' from 127.0.0.1
Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns[24792]: Error receiving packet from recursor
backend: Connection refused
Mar  4 16:24:43 ns last message repeated 4 times

i run the recursor without a conf file and simply i run it like:
pdns_recursor --local-port=54

i should proberbly point out that our recursor is doing quite a bit
recursing.. (last 3 days '966504 recursing questions' on one of the servers,
according to the web-statpage.. Dont know if that counts the cache hits as
well).

Anything i can do make hunting this bug easier?
Is there a debug-build-thingie i can do? (one that doesnt log TOO much)..

- Dan


Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Recursor backend..

A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch
Hmm.. The secondary recorsor apparently died again this friday (the 28th)..
That would make the recursor uptime something like 2-3 days.. I didnt notice
this before the primary recursor died today, since everything answered
correctly..

Log from secondary is almost the same:
------------------------------------------
Feb 28 18:39:10 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165411] question for
'102.22.70.64.bl.spamcop.net|A' from 127.0.0.1
Feb 28 18:39:10 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165411] answer to question
'102.22.70.64.bl.spamcop.net|A': 0 answers, 0 additional, took 1
 packets, 0 throttled, rcode=3
Feb 28 18:39:11 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165412] question for
'37.100.28.66.in-addr.arpa|PTR' from 127.0.0.1
Feb 28 18:39:13 ns2 pdns[970]: Error receiving packet from recursor backend:
Connection refused

----- Original Message -----
From: "A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 5:01 PM
Subject: [Pdns-users] Recursor backend..


> Recursor seems to randomly die... (I shortly hinted this, last time i
wrote
> :) )
>
> I have 2 dns servers, both running their own pdns_recusor..
> I have no idea why this happens..  First it died on the secondary about
5-7

> days ago, today it died on the primary..
>
> There doesnt appear to be anything usefull in the logs:
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660475] question for
> 'theblackcrowes.com|MX' from 127.0.0.1
> Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660476] question for
> 'helmig.net|MX' from 127.0.0.1
> Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns[24792]: Error receiving packet from recursor
> backend: Connection refused
> Mar  4 16:24:43 ns last message repeated 4 times
>
> i run the recursor without a conf file and simply i run it like:
> pdns_recursor --local-port=54
>
> i should proberbly point out that our recursor is doing quite a bit
> recursing.. (last 3 days '966504 recursing questions' on one of the
servers,

> according to the web-statpage.. Dont know if that counts the cache hits as
> well).
>
> Anything i can do make hunting this bug easier?
> Is there a debug-build-thingie i can do? (one that doesnt log TOO much)..
>
> - Dan
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pdns-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.powerdns.com/mailman/listinfo/pdns-users
>
>

Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Recursor backend..

bert hubert
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:10:09PM +0100, A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch wrote:
> Hmm.. The secondary recorsor apparently died again this friday (the 28th)..
> That would make the recursor uptime something like 2-3 days.. I didnt notice
> this before the primary recursor died today, since everything answered
> correctly..

well, all I can say is that it is rocksolid here.. Try to compile the
pdns_recursor and not strip it and try to get a coredump (ulimit -c 2342343
before starting pdns).

Just passing the 2.000.000th packet here with no interruption.

Regards,

bert

>
> Log from secondary is almost the same:
> ------------------------------------------
> Feb 28 18:39:10 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165411] question for
> '102.22.70.64.bl.spamcop.net|A' from 127.0.0.1
> Feb 28 18:39:10 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165411] answer to question
> '102.22.70.64.bl.spamcop.net|A': 0 answers, 0 additional, took 1
>  packets, 0 throttled, rcode=3
> Feb 28 18:39:11 ns2 pdns_recursor[963]: [165412] question for
> '37.100.28.66.in-addr.arpa|PTR' from 127.0.0.1
> Feb 28 18:39:13 ns2 pdns[970]: Error receiving packet from recursor backend:
> Connection refused
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch" <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 5:01 PM
> Subject: [Pdns-users] Recursor backend..
>
>
> > Recursor seems to randomly die... (I shortly hinted this, last time i
> wrote
> > :) )
> >
> > I have 2 dns servers, both running their own pdns_recusor..
> > I have no idea why this happens..  First it died on the secondary about
> 5-7
> > days ago, today it died on the primary..
> >
> > There doesnt appear to be anything usefull in the logs:
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660475] question for
> > 'theblackcrowes.com|MX' from 127.0.0.1
> > Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns_recursor[24784]: [660476] question for
> > 'helmig.net|MX' from 127.0.0.1
> > Mar  4 16:24:43 ns pdns[24792]: Error receiving packet from recursor
> > backend: Connection refused
> > Mar  4 16:24:43 ns last message repeated 4 times
> >
> > i run the recursor without a conf file and simply i run it like:
> > pdns_recursor --local-port=54
> >
> > i should proberbly point out that our recursor is doing quite a bit
> > recursing.. (last 3 days '966504 recursing questions' on one of the
> servers,
> > according to the web-statpage.. Dont know if that counts the cache hits as
> > well).
> >
> > Anything i can do make hunting this bug easier?
> > Is there a debug-build-thingie i can do? (one that doesnt log TOO much)..
> >
> > - Dan
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Pdns-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mailman.powerdns.com/mailman/listinfo/pdns-users
> >
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pdns-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.powerdns.com/mailman/listinfo/pdns-users

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting
Loading...