Recursors?

Ian R. Justman
Hi, all.

I have had some not-so-pleasant experiences with pdns_recursor going down
periodically.  Once I found out that there are several different recursing
DNS servers, especially pdnsd which I was not entirely sure what to make
of, I figured I would put in a different codebase online.

I'm using this code currently:

http://home.t-online.de/home/Moestl/

I seeded the server{} stanzas with the root nameservers' IPs, then pointed
PowerDNS to each installation on each machine I have PowerDNS on.

Any thoughts on this code?

Thanks.

--Ian.

Re: Recursors?

bert hubert
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:35:24AM -0800, Ian R. Justman wrote:

> http://home.t-online.de/home/Moestl/
>
> I seeded the server{} stanzas with the root nameservers' IPs, then pointed
> PowerDNS to each installation on each machine I have PowerDNS on.
>
> Any thoughts on this code?

I hear that pdnsd is highly regarded. Regarding your coredumps, can you
supply details? It is rock-solid here and I'd like it to be so on all
platforms. Things I need to know are platform, load, compiler, SMP/UP etc
etc.

Regards,

bert

--