Unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

SB

Unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

SB
Hello,

After a clean install of Powerdns with a mysql backend, on two out of four machines we are seeing Powerdns try to login to mysql without a password.

May  4 16:46:34 powerdns-002-uc1b pdns[27334]: Caught an exception instantiating a backend: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'pdns'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

May  4 16:46:34 powerdns-002-uc1b pdns[27334]: Cleaning up

May  4 16:46:34 powerdns-002-uc1b pdns_server[27332]: May 04 16:46:34 Caught an exception instantiating a backend: Unable to launch gmysql connection: Unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'pdns'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

The user and the password work from the cli and I have made sure to use "launch=gmysql" with the appropriate backend conf file. Cannot figure out why pdns isn't using a password.

Have you seen this before? Please advise?

Thanks,
SB

Re: Unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

SB
Fixed it. Wasn't Powerdns. Turns our the default install of percona mysql od Debian adds some annon users that were interfering with my pdns user.