godbc Backend

Richard Mason-2
Hi Folks,

Might be me being a plum, but can't seem to get the godbc backend to connect
to MS SQL.  Configuration looks like this:

# PDNS configuration file.
local-address=192.168.1.6
disable-axfr=yes
allow-axfr-ips=62.121.0.52
# recursor=192.168.1.1
use-ntlog=yes

# Backends to launch at startup:
launch=godbc
godbc-datasource=PDNS
#godbc-user=PDNS
#godbc-pass=**********
#godbc-table=records

# Launch a statistical webserver:
webserver=yes
webserver-port=8081
# EOF

PDNS moans if I uncomment any of the other parameters, so how is it able to
authenticate with MSSQL?  The ODBC link won't store the login credentials so
I'm a little confused!  (Btw, this works fine using the 'odbc' backend).

Regards,

Richard Mason

Ultimate Conn-X-tion
Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1206 522799
Web : www.ulticonn.co.uk

Re: godbc Backend

bert hubert
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:56:22PM -0000, Richard Mason wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Might be me being a plum, but can't seem to get the godbc backend to connect
> to MS SQL.  Configuration looks like this:

Michel Stol tells me you should use 'godbc-username' and 'godbc-password'
instead of 'godbc-user' and 'godbc-pass'.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
http://netherlabs.nl                         Consulting

RE: godbc Backend

Richard Mason-2
Hi Bert,

Michel Stol tells me you should use 'godbc-username' and 'godbc-password'
instead of 'godbc-user' and 'godbc-pass'.

>> Ahh, yes that works just fine (I spose I might have guessed that!).
Thanks for your usual speedy response :)

Regards,

Richard Mason

Ultimate Conn-X-tion
Tel/Fax : +44 (0)1206 522799