nslookup

Threaded

nslookup

XPanel Software, Inc.
Hi,
if anybody can help me please :)

if I run from shell host -v -t mx test.com localhost then everything is OK.
I receive the same results like in that page http://doc.powerdns.com/configuring-db-connection.html

but if I try that from another server then is not work. Also I tried with some nslookup software.

this powerdns work only locally,

please help me I'm desperate with that software

regards,
lilian

Threaded

Re: nslookup

bert hubert
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:47:18PM +0200, XPanel Software, Inc. wrote:

> if I run from shell host -v -t mx test.com localhost then everything is OK.
> I receive the same results like in that page http://doc.powerdns.com/configuring-db-connection.html
>
> but if I try that from another server then is not work. Also I tried with
> some nslookup software.
>
> this powerdns work only locally,

Make sure that your powerdns is bound to a specific interface
(local-address=127.0.0.1, 1.2.3.4). Also show the command lines you use on
those other machines that don't work.

quoting from the docs:

local-address=...

    Local IP address to which we bind. You can specify multiple addresses
separated by commas or whitespace. It is highly advised to bind to specific
interfaces and not use the default 'bind to any'. This causes big problems
if you have multiple IP addresses. Unix does not provide a way of figuring
out what IP address a packet was sent to when binding to any.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO

Re: nslookup

XPanel Software, Inc.-2

Hi bert,
I have 2 IPs on my server
# local-address Local IP address to which we bind
#
local-address=212.0.205.122,212.0.205.123

also I tested with 127.0.0.1,212.0.205.122,212.0.205.123
>Also show the command lines you use on those other machines that don't
work.

host -v -t mx test.com 212.0.205.122

what you mean >It is highly advised to bind to specific
interfaces and not use the default 'bind to any'.
example please

thank you,