powerdns statistics

Threaded

powerdns statistics

Keresztes Péter-Zoltán
Hello,

I am working on getting powerdns statistics per domain. Currently I am about to setup an ELK stack to get there but I am wondering if you guys already have something like that.

Regards,
Peter
Threaded

Re: powerdns statistics

bert hubert-3
On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 10:10:26PM +0200, Keresztes Péter-Zoltán wrote:
> I am working on getting powerdns statistics per domain. Currently I am
> about to setup an ELK stack to get there but I am wondering if you guys
> already have something like that.

We don't. But if you need this, you should take a good look at the dnsdist
undocumented LogAction, which you would hookup like this:

addAction(AllRule(), LogAction("/var/log/dnsdist/all-queries"))

This writes out a log with minimal overhead and is thus suitable for high
performance use.

The format is currently: dnsname in native DNS format followed by 2-octet
DNS type.

We realize this is not complete which is why we didn't document it yet. But
for your purposes, if you need high-rate output, this is the place to look.

        Bert